It's Not All Black and White

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Just Droppin' a Line


This is Fishin' Petey by Inky Antics. Isn't he darling? He's been sitting in my drawer unloved for too long, so I pulled him out the other day. Petey's stamped on Whisper White with Black StazOn, then colored with prismacolor pencils and gamsol. I also added a bit of white Liquid Applique to his hat. The sentiment is also from Inky Antics, but it's usually just two lines. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig and Night of Navy marker to make the sentiment fit onto this cuttlebug die cut. I added a couple of pieces of bling and it was ready to go.

The Goods:
Stamps: Inky Antics m2-10437-J and D4-10382-D
Ink: Black Stazon, night of navy marker
Paper: Papertrey Ink white; SU vintage violet, whisper white, and almost amethyst palette 'o prints; Chatterbox Olive Poolhouse Paisley (double-sided)
Other: Ticket corner punch, Darice gemstones from Mike's $ bin, American Crafts ribbon, dimensionals, cuttlebug flower die

It's really raining here in Pittsburgh today. In fact, we just started getting some thunder. My husband works outside for the most part, so I really feel for him on days like this. But, personally, not having to be outside, I LOVE storms. There's something beautiful about hearing the rain pounding on my roof and the thunder rolling in the background. Aaaaah.

14 comments:

Sew Club said...

This is so cute! I love the LA on his had and nose!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just so adorable. Petey is such a cutie! Enjoy the rain - it's over 100 degrees here and no chance of cooling off anytime soon.

Donna Baker said...

this is SO Cute!!

Joan said...

Adorable. And, you did a great job with the coloring and the scallop.

Karen said...

How adorable. I love that little penguin!

Anonymous said...

This card is really cute. Hope you all weathered the storms okay!
Hugs,
Gina K.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Bethany, this is just adorable! Your coloring is fabulous! Great card!

Heather P. said...

This is SUPER cute!!

kathy said...

Very cute card

Rose Ann said...

This is super cute, and I love your coloring and layout! Adorable!!

Anonymous said...

This is just daring! Love that image! :)

Anonymous said...

Dang, this is cute and a great layout, too! Gosh, he's just so adorable! Super coloring job. He looks all shiny and slick just like a penguin should!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love the sentiment in the scalloped circle! Great layout too!

Anonymous said...

Bethany, that is absolutely adorable. Sorry I haven't checked in for a while! LOVE your new blog banner!