It's Not All Black and White

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Dirty Dozen's Pure Joy

Today I got to do another of the challenges being presented by Splitcoast Stampers' Dirty Dozen. This was Thursday's sketch challenge created by Beate. Actually, it qualifies for Jen's challenge as well: to use only clear stamps. If you are a Fan Club member, you can see the link with the challenges here. If you're not a member, you may want to consider joining here.

My card starts with a 4-1/4 inch square certainly celery card base. The designer paper is by Me & My Big Ideas and is lined with Rose Red and stamped with a dotted border in Jumbo Java. The sentiment panel has a background stamped in Sahara Sand and lightly colored with Stampin' Up's Pure Color pencils to co-ordinate with the MAMBO designer paper. "PURE JOY" is stamped in Jumbo Java. The little flowers are also in Sahara Sand with a Cloud White center. The center is from Papertrey Ink's Paper Tray stamp set. All other stamps from Simply Stated by Fancy Pants. All inks are Versamagic's dew drop chalk inks.

I punched the flower (Martha Stewart) once from Rose Red and once from Apricot Appeal. The apricot flower edges, I sponged with rose red and softly folded the edges up for dimension. I punched two 1/8 inch holes in the flower to thread the American Crafts ribbon through and tie a knot. I highlighted the small flower centers and random areas of the Fancy Pants background with Star Dust Stickles.

12 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Wow, you sure covered a lot of challenges, great card

Anonymous said...

great job! I love these challenges but have only done two so far. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful card Bethany!
Hugs,
Gina K.

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

What a great card! I'm dying here as most of my stamps are packed at the moment! Of all times to be moving! I might just have to break out a few and jump in on some of the fun! :)
~Angie

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just beautiful! Love the colors!

Shannan Teubner said...

Lovin this card! You ROCK!

Michele Kovack said...

Very pretty....I like!

Christina Fischer said...

These colors are gorgeous -- very pretty card!! :)

Anonymous said...

What pretty paper and colors! And I LOVE those Fancy Pants stamps!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous....absolutely gorgeous!

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful card, and I love the added Martha flowers!

Heather P. said...

WOW, this is so pretty!!! Love it!