It's Not All Black and White

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Be Strong

This is for Charmaine's Meet the Verve Diva Challenge, black and white splash. I think I misunderstood a bit. There's only supposed to be a splash of color. I was thinking anything goes as long as there's only one color. Oh well, let's pretend this is a "splash" of green. (Splitcoast isn't loading for me right now. I'll link to the challenge later.)

I applied both the Plain Jane Psalm 31:24 stamp and this border from Grateful Elegance to the same block and stamped it just one time, all lined up the way I wanted it. I think it's all pretty self-explanatory. If you have any questions, just drop me a comment or email.

What's In It?
Stamps: Psalm 31:24, Grateful Elegance (Verve Stamps)Paper: spring moss, white (Papertrey Ink); black (Stampin' Up!); small dots (Making Memories)Ink: onyx black (Versafine)Accessories: rectangle dies (Spellbinders); hydrangea and petite flowers (Prima); spring moss grosgrain (Papertrey Ink); icons gemstones (Me & My Big Ideas); tacky tape (ProvoCraft)

11 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Bethany! I like your splash of *green* hee hee

Melissa said...

Oh Bethany! So lovely!

Many Blessings,
M.

Alex said...

This is beautiful Bethany!! Love the color combo and all the scallops, just gorgeous! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Bethany, this TOTALLY works! It looks like a black and white card with some green to me:) It's GORGEOUS, I LOVE it! So, so elegant! Thanks for playing!

Shannan Teubner said...

Looks like a splash to me...that's what I was thinking too! LOL

Love your card!!

wendyp said...

Love that splash of green with the b&w! Gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

So elegant! I love the flower and color combo!

Rose Ann said...

This is so pretty, Bethany!! I love the green and black! I love your scallop, Prima...and of course that sentiment!!

Anonymous said...

I love this card! It's beautiful...so very striking...and of course, I love the verse!!

Janine said...

Very handsome card!! The colors are so rich looking!

Unknown said...

Oh, this card is so elegant! I love the layout and those colors. You are awesome!!