It's Not All Black and White

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Golden Thanks

Yesterday was a FOUR card day! Yay for me. That may be the most original cards I've ever made in a day. Have I mentioned that I'm generally a pretty slow stamper? Actually, I made three cards and one other stamped item. But the "other" item is for this month's Verve project parade challenge. (You can play along here.) So I can't share that one yet.


Today's card uses lots of gold embossing powder. If it's
gold on this card, it's embossed. That includes flowers, sentiment, buckle, and gold card stock layer. For the layer, I cut it to size, used a very thin layer of glue to adhere the embossing powder around the edges, then heat set. The buckle: hold it with tweezers, heat for a few seconds, dip in embossing powder (the hot metal willmake the powder stick), repeat.

What's
In It?
Stamps: Grateful Elegance (Verve Stamps)
Paper: aqua mist, spring moss (Papertrey Ink); pearlized cream (Paper Accents)
Ink: Versamark; Old Olive (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: oval punches (Marvy); gold embossing powder, pewter hardware (SU!); spring moss grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink)

16 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, love how you did the flowers

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful Bethany!!! WTG girl...4 cards??!! Awesome...can't wait to see them all!!

Anonymous said...

This is great Bethany!!! I love all the gold!

Amy said...

Wow, I can't wait to see the rest of the cards... if this one is as beautifu as it is, the rest are sure to be too!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Bethany! LOVE it!

Alex said...

This is a fabulous card, just love all those flowers! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautiful! Fabulous layout.

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous!!!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Beautiful, beautiful!!

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful, and I love your trimmed out flowers!! I can't wait to see your other cards as well!!

Shannan Teubner said...

This is just GORGEOUS, Bethany!!

Angel said...

so pretty! wow! love the colors!!

Christina Fischer said...

This is beautiful, Bethany! Love these colors!

I'm playing catch-up with your posts -- you've made some gorgeous things lately (well, you always do!)! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Beth Thomas said...

This is beautiful, Bethany! 4 cards in one day- wow! I think my personal best for original cards is 3. I, too, am a very slow stamper and on top of that I get many "little" interruptions! Can't wait to see the other 3!

Catherine said...

oh i can't believe i miss this one... simply STUNNING!

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL!! The colors are fabulous - just gorgeous!!!