It's Not All Black and White

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Swimming By

...with a friendly "Hi". This sweet little fishie with the pretty swirled tail is just swimming by with a couple of friends. This started with the idea of a little elegant whimsey. Pale blue and browns. The fish are colored with Copic markers. The seashell is stamped with chocolate chip ink, then I just ran my water brush over it to spread the color a little.

The tag is a piece of Basic Grey chipboard covered in bashful blue card stock, with the edges inked close to cocoa, creamy caramel and chocolate chip.

Hope you're all having a good day. And if not, just keep swimming! Hugs!

What's In It?
Stamps: By the Sea (Lizzie Anne)
Paper: bashful blue, chocolate chip, kraft, white (Stampin' Up!); white (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: chocolate chip, close to cocoa, creamy caramel (Stampin' Up!); vintage photo (Tim Holtz distress ink)
Accessories: chipboard elements, precision file set (Basic Grey); ribbon (Michael's); aquapainter; Cuttlebug die; Copic markers; dimensionals

Me, I'm on a card making marathon, at least for me. I usually make one card a day. I've got three done so far today. Eat your heart out Dawn. HeeHee. If only, that girl is a stamping machine.

By the way, if you haven't see the new look on the Lizzie Anne website, check it out!

12 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful card! Love these colors together.

Stacy Morgan said...

So pretty with the blue shades, great fish images too! your keep swimming made me giggle. hee hee

Catherine said...

just gorgeous and so far i'm having a great day =)

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, love everything about it

veronica said...

love your card! my fav part is the shell. great coloring.

Christi Flores said...

How sweet!! Love that color combo!

Soguesswhat11 said...

wow, is that ever adorable!!! I have been totally in love with this color combination lately, and this card really uses it well! Great job!!

Dawn Easton said...

rofl!! LOVE this fishy card! It's so adorable!! Man, I need to pull out some chipboard soon! Off to check out the Lizzie Anne site :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just adorable, Bethany! I LOVE that ribbon. I think I have some of that. . .I may have to dig it out! :)

Rose Ann said...

I love your cute little fishy scene, and fabulous ribbon!! Great card!!

joslyn said...

this is really cute. i love the colors!!! great work.

Unknown said...

Fun card! That ribbon is so yummy!! :)