It's Not All Black and White

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Why Do I Love Stamping?

For the same reason I love Victoria's Secret. Huh?!? Because everything matches! I have (yet another) baby shower to attend this weekend. I already bought my gift and packed it up in this pretty gift bag. Now a card. Hmmmm? Better yet a matching card! I embossed the decorative circle from Artful Elegance on my close to cocoa border. Then stamped the gorgeous background onto a piece of soft sky. I layered the sentiment with some punches and Nestabilities and created a grouping by adding a couple of Prima flowers. Finished size is 4.25 inches square.

And here it is with the "matching" gift bag. Sorry for the poor photo, but you get the idea.

What's In It?
Stamps: Artful Elegance, Family Phrases (Verve Stamps)
Paper: white (Papertrey Ink); soft sky, chocolate chip, close to cocoa (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Versamark; close to cocoa, cool caribbean (SU!)
Accessories: detail white embossing powder, word window and 1-3/8" circle punches, paper piercer (SU!); flowers (Prima); circle dies (Spellbinders); antique brads (Lasting Impressions); piped nylon ribbon (Martha Stewart); dimensionals

11 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Beautiful card, Bethany! I like things all matchy, matchy, too - and this is just perfect. :)

Alhambra Club said...

Beautiful

Stacy Morgan said...

Bethany this is grogeous! What a wonderful gift bag and card. I bet the mommy to be will love this more than the baby gift. hee hee Wonderful job.

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous!!! I like everything to match too.

Janine said...

Beautiful gift ensemble!! I am sure she will love it!!

Unknown said...

Love this background stamp and your card design is just lovely. I've never shopped at Verve, but now you're gonna make me go shopping because of this card!

Taylor said...

So sweet!!!! And everything matches! =) I love these colors today....soo good!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Gorgeous, Bethany! It DOES match fabulously!

Alex said...

Totally gorgeous Bethany - WOW!!! I love things that match too, and this is fabulous - the bag and card would be gift enough, lol! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Unknown said...

Oh this is just beautiful Bethany!! It matches so beautifully! :)

Rose Ann said...

Gorgeous ensemble, Bethany!! I love the colors and your whole design!!