It's Not All Black and White

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Beate's Sketch


Go here for my blog candy until Tuesday morning.

I made this card for Beate's Big Deal Sketch Challenge. Can you believe she's already at 200,00 hits?!? You go girl!

The card is 5-1/2 inches square. Both designer papers are from Basic Grey's Urban Couture line. The palm tree is on SU! watercolor paper with Versafine Black. It's colored with an aquapainter and inks (celery, olive, garden green, brocade blue, close to cocoa, choc chip). The three cut outs are colored with markers (garden green, banana, caramel, olive, bordering blue). I gave my VersaMagic dew drop chalk inks their first mini trial too, on the acrylic Papertrey sentiment. LOVELY! The three brads were smooshed into TimberBrown Stazon and heat set. They look pretty decent for a quick fix. I use so much brown, I may as well just invest in some brown brads though.

Do you ever use bordering blue? I don't, and I don't know why. I really love the color. This may become a new fave. We'll see.

A little tip: When working with some ribbons (like this ricrac), if I don't want to tuck the ends under a layer of card stock, I'll LIGHTLY singe the ends to keep them from fraying. I have not tried this on all ribbon, so be very careful. But I have done this to the ricrac on this card and some velvet ribbon in the past. Works quite nicely.

The details:
Stamps: SU! Balmy Breezes, Papertrey Paper Tray
Ink: Versafine black, Jumbo Java Versamagic, timberbrown stazon, all of above mentioned inks and markers for coloring
Paper: bordering blue, choc chip, SU! watercolor, Basic Grey Urban Couture
Other: dimensionals, aquapainter, silver brads, JoAnn's brown ricrac, word window punch

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bethany, your card is gorgeous! I love everything about it. The coloring, the paper you picked, your smooshed brads and ric rac ribbon. Awesome! Thanks for playing! Have a wonderful Mother's Day! Hugs and smiles

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Love your card! Makes me want to go on vacation! :)

Rochelle W said...

Super cute! I think yours is the best one I have seen so far!!!

Rose Ann said...

Wow...that's a beautiful card, Bethany! I love the papers, and coloring. Great job on the challenge!!

Unknown said...

What an awesome card!! I love everything, it's so tropical feeling and very nicely done!

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

Totally awesome card! The Urban collection is my all-time fav Basic Grey line!
~Angie

Soguesswhat11 said...

ooh, now that card would make ME feel better! lol That card is really great - of course I am a super-sucker for anything with Palm Trees! Super nice job!