It's Not All Black and White

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

More Ladybugs


This is the one and only card I got done for Virtual Stamp Night at SplitcoastStampers this past weekend. I was just too busy. The challenge was to use bugs. Well, you couldn't ask for better timing. My Little Lady had just arrived! So here she is, crawling around through the flowers with her little ones.

This tent topper style of card was designed by Michelle Wooderson, and I swear it makes any card so stinkin' cute! I stamped the ladybugs in SU rose red classic and Midnight Black versamagic inks, including the trail behind the large bug. Cut out the little ones. The large bug gets a 1/16" layer of black, then 3/8" celery. Ink only "a happy life is made of" and stamp. Clean your stamp and ink "little things." The dots are from Papertrey's Faux Ribbon. Do the same process with these, inking only the parts you need to stamp each side of the square separately. Put the black brad in and layer on another thin black mat.

The main card is this adorable glossy designer paper by Me & My Big Ideas that I picked up on my excursion to the mega JoAnn's. Layer on 1/16" certainly celery, tie on ribbon (Dashes, Dots & Checks), and layer on rose red. I use my Perfect Layers, because I'm a little obsessive compulsive about layers. I stuck the little bugs on with a mini glue dot and gently folded up the wings of the top one. So she's dimensional and looks like she might be ready to take off. Adhere the top (popped up) piece so that the overall card is no more than 5-1/2".

Yes, somehow I was able to finish a card in less than 45 minutes, as required for the VSN challenge. I am normally such a slow stamper, agonizing over where to put what and in what color.

16 comments:

KOstvig said...

very cute love the colors and the LO.

Anonymous said...

Another gorgeous card with this set!

Beth Thomas said...

Beautiful! I love the layout. Can't wait to try this type of card.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! I'm going to have to try one of these pop up cards - they're so neat.

Allison Rankin said...

Terrific card...love it mixed with that DP!

Amy said...

oh, oh, oh, I LOVE this one too!!!!! It's beautiful Bethany! Wow!

Amy

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

This is so gorgeous! I got my set last night, so I can play now! I love the tent topper too!

Michele Kovack said...

This card is soooo beautiful!

blah said...

Super cute! Great layout and I looooooooooove how bright and cheeful it is.

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful paper with your "Little Ladies". It looks so nice as a Tent Topper! Love it!!

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

It's a beauty! That paper looks great with the bugs! I didn't even get one card done for VSN - so sad!Next time, I hope!
~Angie

Shabbychick Junk said...

HOLY MOLY! YOU ARE ROCKIN THOSE LADYBUGS! OMG!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Absolutely adorable! Just LOVE the patterned paper!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Love the glossy designer paper--how cool! Great design with the ladybugs!

Joan said...

This is beautiful, colorful and the layout is great too. Wow

Mimi Hornberger said...

My goodness. This is so great! I have yet to make this style card but I will have to, soon! TFS!