It's Not All Black and White

Monday, May 14, 2007

I Cheated a Bit


Today is "Black, White &..." Day, but I used black, vanilla and bordering blue. Sorry, no white. I wanted to use this paper by Me & My Big Ideas, so I had to use vanilla to match. This paper is so pretty. It's actually glossy and has a different pattern on the back in the opposite colors.

This card was done for yesterday's Featured Stamper Challenge on Splitcoast. The featured stamper was Candy Williams. I chose to case this card by Candy. I used my Butterfly Kisses set by Papertrey. What do you think of my hand drawn antennae? I was pretty excited that they look decent, because my lack of artistry skills makes even that a challenge. I bent the words "Thank you" from the Paper Tray set to start the butterfly trail, then finished with dots off the page. A couple of bordering blue eyelets and some black grosgrain complete the card. This came together really quickly, and I think it's sort of elegant.

What I used:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink's Butterfly Kisses and Paper Tray
Ink: Versafine black, bordering blue classic
Paper: Very vanilla, basic black, bordering blue, Me & My Big Ideas LaJolla
Other: SU! black grosgrain ribbon and bordering blue eyelets, Zig Millennium Waterproof pen in Pure black


So, how many of you will be with me stalking tonight's midnight release of the new Papertrey Ink stamp set? It looks so awesome based on the sneak previews Nichole's been giving over at {capture the moment}.

Today's your last day to get in the drawing for my blog candy. I'll pick a random winner tomorrow morning. Thanks to all of you who have commented already.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! Love the way you curved the Thank you & added the dots to finish it. AND yes, your antennae look great! : )

Rose Ann said...

I don't think you cheated. Vanilla is an off-white...right?

This is so beautiful. Love the paper, and the antennae is perfect! Love how you did the sentiment too!

Sew Club said...

You know I'll be a-stalkin! Wonderful card, too! Love the antennae!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Beautiful card! I LOVE the colors. . .vanilla or white! :)

Marie said...

This is really pretty and I love how you curved your acrylic stamps to make the words go with the flight of the butterfly. TFS!

Michele Kovack said...

I love this card...and the one below this with the palm tree! Very creative!

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

Gorgeous! So totally gorgeous! And so not a cheat either!:) LOL!
~Angie

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! I love the softness of the colors. Very cool the way you bent the words to fit the butterfly trail. I love it!

Soguesswhat11 said...

This is a great card! I really like it a lot.