It's Not All Black and White

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Julee's Sketch


I did this card for Julee Tilman's card contest seen here. All you have to do is use the card sketch she provides. Go check it out.

I made my card using all papers from Basic Grey's Gypsy paper pad and solids from Stampin' Up! I colored this sentiment from Alphabet Soup with markers, huffed and stamped. Then dotted the exclamation point with a brad I had coated in copper ep. The white mega circle is layered on the patterened giga scalloped circle which is, in turn, layered on close to cocoa cut with my coluzzle. Otherwise the papers blended together a little too much. I used my paper piercer and faux stitched with a chocolate chip marker. The straight scalloped trim was cut with Fiskars scissors. The big brads I think may have actually been those things from the office supply section made to hold papers together. I don't know...are they called brads too? But they were rather brassy, so they got coated in copper ep too.

The stuff:
Stamps: Alphabet Soup
Ink: all markers: regal rose, ballet blue, real red, green galore, pumpkin pie, chocolate chip
Paper: close to cocoa, whisper white, basic grey gypsy
Other: mega circle and giga scalloped circle punches by Marvy Uchida, paper piercer, coluzzle, copper embossing powder, copper cord, SU! silver brad, office supply brads, fiskars scalloped scissors, dimensionals

16 comments:

Kendra Hernandez said...

beautiful card bethany!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

A fabulous card! Love the colors and patterns. Thanks for playing!

Amy said...

Love it! I made one too that I need to take a picture of!!! TFS!

Amy

Rose Ann said...

This is really pretty with all those papers! I especially love the big scalloped circle. Very nice!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Wonderful papers! Great card Bethany!

Allison Rankin said...

How bright and fun!

Michele Kovack said...

Love what you did with this sketch! I need to find the time to pull myself away from this dang computer and go stamp!

Laura said...

Your cards are amazing!!! They are so beautiful and the colours are lovely!

Tami McBeain said...

Great card Bethany, love the Basic Grey paper! Thanks for posting the link for the contest. I'll have to try to come up with a card also.

Jill said...

Those papers are fabulous! Great card!!

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

This is so beautiful! Love the colored letters and the great bkgrd papers!
~Angie

Shanismom said...

beautiful card and i love that paper.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness! You made this so beautiful! I've never seen this stamp look so good before! Wonderful!

kathy said...

very nice card. I love the colors you used.

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

beautiful work!!

Have a nice day!

Bety :)

bcgal00 Rae said...

Great card - awesome colors!