It's Not All Black and White

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Featuring: The Cheap Stuff


Yep, today I pulled out my cheap dollar stamps from Michael's. These particular ones are by Kolette Hall. They really are pretty cute. I changed these ones up a good bit for my card today though. You can see the two stamps I used in the picture.

I stamped the flower in the box with Versafine black ink on vanilla card stock. Next, I doodle in the stem and leaves with a waterproof black pen. I colored everything (apricot appeal, certainly celery, close to coco, tempting turquoise) and outlined with tempting turquoise. Then I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp grazie, merci, and thanks in not quite navy in the box. (If I had stamped these first, coloring with markers would have smeared everything.) I layered on close to cocoa, then cuttlebugged Pumpkin pie and Autumn Leaves adhesive mats (Mod). Another layer of cocoa, then a vanilla top-folded card. I finished with accessories: celery grosgrain, two big primas with a brad from Queen & Co., and some Star Dust Stickles on the flower. At Queen & Co., I only see the Big Brads in purple right now, but these Bon Bon Brads look pretty similar.

Product List:
Stamps: Kolette Hall from Michael's $ Bin
Ink: versafine black, markers: celery, apricot, cocoa, turquoise, not quite navy
Paper: vanilla, cocoa, pumpkin, Autumn Leaves Adhesive mats in Mod
Other: Star dust stickles, primas, Queen & Co. brad, Zig Millenium black perm. pen

18 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Great card! The colors are wonderful! So bright and cheerful!

Toni said...

What a cool idea! I have that square flower stamp and haven't used it yet. You've given me some ideas!

katemade designs said...

dang! you can make anything look great. I passed on the flower in a box thinking I would never use it, like I never use the thank you trio but now I may have to reconcider.

Allison Rankin said...

This is lovely...

Michele Kovack said...

Ya know for a buck those stamps ROCK! Great card!

Rose Ann said...

I bet those stamps never looked so good! ;) I love your colors, the "Cuttled" background & the big flower with that pretty brad. Awesome!

blah said...

Super cute!

kathy said...

Sometimes the dollar stamps just work. great card

Anonymous said...

So glad to see someone actually using their $ stamps :-) Card looks great, but then again everything you do does!

Kendra Hernandez said...

that is a great card Bethany! I love what you did with those dollar stamps! :)

Meli Palmer said...

Very very clever!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This just beautiful. Love the cheerful colors and the creative way you used your stamps.

Diane said...

Looks great!!! They might be cheap stamps but look like a million bucks on your card!!!!

Soguesswhat11 said...

This is way cute! I love how this turned out.

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

Love it! Saw it on SCS! It just radiates with happiness is warmth!
~Angie

Heather said...

Gorgeous card! It is amazing what you can do with those stamps from Michael's. Thanks for looking at my blog (yours if fabulous!) and the paper was open stock and I distressed it myself.

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love your doodled stem, the layout, the colors!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh! This turned out fabulous! I'd never think this was done with "cheap" stamps. It looks like a million bucks!