It's Not All Black and White

Thursday, May 3, 2007

My Last Sheet!!!


I cut into my last sheet of Pink Passion to make this card. I don't know that I can handle being basically out of any color of SU! paper. It's a paper emergency! I'll have to call up my demo in the morn. (I'm writing this late Wednesday night.)

A Note on Yesterday's Post: Malissa asked how to do the sentiment tag from yesterday's Butterfly Kisses card. I had the link to Asela's directions, but sometime during my editing it disappeared. I've now put it back though. So you can click on Asela's name in the above post and see her fab directions with pictures and all. Sorry about that.

I received these cute little mice in an image exchange a while back. I found them yesterday while rummaging through my stampin' stuff. The stamp is by House Mouse, and you can see it here. I colored them with my newly beloved Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. I used three shades of green, a hot pink, and a yellowy-apricot for the tulips, then a brown and pale pink for the mice. I think it's important to use several shades of the same color to get more depth.

The sentiment is actually two parts: the circle is a Mike's dollar stamp, and the flowers in the center are from a Mike's dollar clear stamp set. The circle is stamped in black stazon, the flowers in lime pastel and orchid pastel Colorbox Chalk inks (the queue). The black swirl is Autumn Leaves by Rhonna Farrer from, get this, Walmart. Now I'm not a huge Walmart fan, but if I can get Rhonna Farrer stamps for less than ten bucks, I'm there! I used a sponge and pixie pink ink to shade around the mice and finished with piercing and a wee bit o' ribbon.

The Stuff:
Stamps: House Mouse, Mike's, Rhonna Farrer Swirls
Ink: Black stazon, pixie pink, colorbox fluid chalk in lime pastel and orchid pastel
Paper: Pink passion, gable green, whisper white, basic black
Other: Mike's ribbon on the wooden spool, coluzzle, paper piercer and template, sponge, prismacolor pencils and gamsol

9 comments:

Dee Jackson said...

hey! I just found your blog! I love the coloring on the tulips they're gorgeous!!

Sew Club said...

Very cute! I love the vibrant colors. And I know what you mean about running low on a color - when I get down to 1/2 a pack of WW, I almost start to panic! LOL (Just kidding...kinda. :))

Pegg S said...

Gorgeous - love the bright colors! I have yet to buy Bold Brights (only have the other families in variety pack) -- maybe I need to after seeing your card!!

Rose Ann said...

How adorable! I love how you've colored everything here! I love the way you did the sentiment as well. Wonderful card!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Such a cute card! I know what you mean about running out of certain things! Yikes!

kathy said...

It is so cute. I love how everything is colored. I just love the card I guess

Michele Kovack said...

Don't ya just love these cutie pies? I haven't used my House Mouse stamps in awhile....might have to blow the dust off of them! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love the colors on this! What a cute image and a really great layout, too! Pink Passion is one of my favorite Bold Brights. Way cute card!

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

This is so totally adorable! I love the great bright happy colors you used!
~Angie