It's Not All Black and White

Friday, May 25, 2007

Happy Friday!

It's Friendship Friday, so I'm sharing a "Happy hello"! These designer papers are all from the Scrapbook Walls line by Chatterbox. I stamped the vase of flowers from Stampin' Up's Sassy Stems in black Versafine on watercolor paper, and watercolored with an aquapainter and classic inks (pumpkin pie, vintage violet, old olive, bashful blue, apricot appeal, sahara sand). The pumpkin pie flower was stamped on a scrap of watercolor paper, cut out and glued down for just a bit of dimension. The flowers were layered on Pumpkin Pie.

The scallops were made with SU's slit punch. I like the big, chunky scallops it makes. The apricot appeal dots (in the scallops) were done with a little circle punch from Mike's dollar bin. I find it easier to get exact placement if I punch the circle and glue it down, rather than just punching the hole in the designer paper and letting the layer beneath show through.

"Happy hello" is from Papertrey's Paper Tray set, done in versamagic eggplant. I found that if you ink your stamp real well and hurry, you can emboss with these inks. "Happy hello" is coated with Irridescent ice ep. I also used a fine tip glue pen to add II EP highlights to the flowers and water. "Happy hello" is punched with the large oval punch from SU, layered on vintage violet and trimmed with Fiskars scalloped scissors. Another tip: when cutting an oval with scalloped scissors, cut all straight lines and just keep moving around the oval. When I try to make one continuous cut around the oval, the scallops don't cut right, there are fringies everywhere, and it's just a mess.

I added a little more bling with the green crystal flower by the sentiment and tiny clear crystals glued down in the flower centers. Finished with bits of Offray ribbon.

What I Used:
Stamps:
Stampin' Up! Sassy Stems, Papertrey Ink Paper Tray
Ink: Versafine black, versamagic eggplant, SU! classic pumpkin pie, vintage violet, old olive, bashful blue, apricot appeal, sahara sand
Paper: Papertrey Ink white card stock, SU! watercolor paper, vintage violet, apricot appeal, pumpkin pie, Chatterbox scrapbook walls
Other: Irridescent Ice Embossing Powder, 1/4" circle punch, SU! slit and large oval punches, crystal flower, clear crystals, offray nice and narrow ribbon, fiskars scalloped scissors, dimensional

11 comments:

Amy said...

This looks like one of my cards with all the patterns.....I LOVE IT! It's so bright and REALLY cool! I like how you tied in the colors of the painted image in with the paper. Great job--you had to know I would love this! Thanks for sharing Bethany!

Amy

Rose Ann said...

Wow...this is gorgeous! I love all the papers, you coloring, and all the other special touches you've given this.

Jenyfur said...

Gorgeous!! I'm adding it to the Caardvarks gallery now!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Bethany!!!

Allison Rankin said...

This looks lovely...nice job!

Anonymous said...

I love the papers in this line and have several of them, too. You made a fabulous combination with them! Sassy Stems is one of my favorite sets and I love the card you made with it!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This card is just gorgeous, Bethany! I LOVE it! And yes, we had a great time at Idlewild! :)

tyrymom29 said...

What a beautiful Card !!! WOW!!!

Sew Club said...

Very pretty, Bethany! Love that paper, too! Your Sassy Stems is colored so nicely!

Anonymous said...

This is very attractive. JudyOR

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

Wowzers! This is so GORGEOUS! I love the scallop and the papers and your coloring is fantastic! Awesome card, girl!
~Angie