It's Not All Black and White

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Simple Card


Well, I'm not sure how many of you will like this card, since it is so simple, but I was really pleased. I love visually clean, uncomplicated cards like this.

I stamped the acorn first. Then, masking the acorn, stamped the pear on top. Both on SU! watercolor paper with my new Versafine black ink. I shot it with my heat tool, because it is NOT instant drying as it claims to be, but it does make a beautiful impression. I watercolored with my aquapainter and these inks: so saffron, certainly celery, old olive, garden green, creamy caramel, choc chip, ruby red. I added just a bit of darkness with my choc chip maker at the end. I layered on chocolate chip, Basic Grey Urban Couture, and very vanilla. Rounded the corners and stamped "thank you" from Take Three using choc chip. I love the small, block-like words from Take Three, and they're easy to ink up without the images.

Hmmm...I was just thinking...I'm not sure that pears get red, just apples. Oh well, consider it artistic license.

What I used:
Stamps: All Natural, Take Three
Ink: Versafine black, choc chip marker, for watercoloring: saffron, celery, olive, garden green, choc chip, caramel, ruby
Paper: vanilla, choc chip, watercolor, Basic Grey Urban Couture
Other: aquapainter, ek success corner rounder

15 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Wow...I like it...almost makes me want to pull out the aquapainter!

Cat said...

Beautiful card. I think the watercolor paper is the bestest! And, just so you know; Bartlet and Anjou pears both come in red :)

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

So crisp and clean! I love it!
~Angie

Michele Kovack said...

Very nice card!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh I LOVE it! Very clean. . .love that!

kathy said...

anjou pears are red. the card is cute.

Rachel Hope said...

Oh, how lovely!!!! Love the paper and image together, and the soft feel of the image!

Beth Thomas said...

This card is beautiful! I love the way the PP goes with the stamped image.

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful! I love a simple design like this and sometimes they're so hard to do. You did this one beautifully! I've seen red on pears lots of times!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love your card!! Your layout and watercoloring is so calming and pleasant to the eyes this morning! Thanks for sharing - love your blog, by the way!

jessjean on scs

Amy said...

ok, this was my very first stamp set, and I NEVER thought to put the pear the the acorn together! How funny is that? I'll have to pull this one out and give it a try. I think it's beautiful!

Amy

Rose Ann said...

This is gorgeous! I love simple as well and some of the most elaborate cards. (Of course I love 'em all)

You've colored and designed this beautifully! Keep them coming.

Adelina said...

SOOOOO beautiful! I'm going to have to CASE this one for sure! I love the paper and the color combo.

Anonymous said...

This is really beautiful, Bethany! I love the layout and your watercoloring is superb!

dawnmercedes said...

love this card...and this is one of those sets that I have always LOVED, but never bought...