It's Not All Black and White

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Thanks Julee! and Some Shopping

Julee Tilman over at Poetic Artistry is so stinkin' talented! I get excited when she pops up on my Google Reader, because I KNOW I'm going to see something awesome. She had a card contest a little while back which I placed in. I received my gift yesterday along with this way-too-cute card. I've been staring at it ever since. There are so many details: dimension, that really soft pink dry embossed bg, lots of *glitter*, and that sweet little doggie...he's cut out and popped on a dimensional, and the inside is even lined with beautiful shimmery paper! Now you know why I can't stop looking at it. I'm also excited about the Crate Word rub-ons, because I've been wanting to try rub-ons. Now they're here just waiting for me. Thanks again Julee!
And here is my May 25th (25% off everything on the 25th of every month...what's a girl to do?) shopping excursion to my local stamp store, Stamp Fanci. They do such a great job of keeping up with what's "cool". They now have Bellas (though they were sold out of the ones I wanted) and My Favorite Things stamps! I have the MFT dog set, Let's Go For A Walk, ordered already, so I bought Say Charge, which you see here.

And you see those Hero Arts birdies...Those were soooo an "Amy made me do it" purchase. I hope I can figure out something original to do with them since she has already done so many cool things.

I bought one, that's right one single sheet of designer paper by Lasting Impressions. I got just a little crazy with the ribbons. And I got these itty, bitty primas, Prima Petites in Flamingo. I'm very excited about them because my other primas sometimes seem too big to add as an afterthought. And I almost always add my accessories at the end, with no pre-planning. Lastly, a couple of A Muse stamps and some almost brown brads by Lasting Impressions.

9 comments:

Amy said...

you're so funny! I "made" you buy those precious birdies...right....they're so adorable they jumped right in your little hand and tweeted "buy me, buy me Bethany!!" And you, being such a sweet person, said "oh if you insist, little birdie!" Such fun stuff! I got my prize from Julee yesterday too--wow, her card was beautiful. It was one she made using one my Sunday sketches, isn't that sweet? I need to go get that on my blog right now...bye!!

Amy

Anonymous said...

Oh....beautiful card and goodies from Julee. I really want those birds as well. Amy is quite an enabler.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

You lucky duck! I haven't been to Stamp Fanci in months! I can't believe they have Bellas now! Wow, a lot has happened in a few months! :) Love your card from Julee and your stamp set! Aren't they just the cutest? To answer your question, I dipped my blender pen in the VersaMagic ink pad to get a darker color. You can just blend from the edges, but you don't get as much ink. :)

Rose Ann said...

Bethany...Love your goodies, and I can't wait to see what you do with them! I'm sure there will be some major enabling going on. (wink)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

If I could find those birdies anywhere, I'd be having an "Amy made me do it" moment, too! LOL! Actually Amy was kind enough to send some images to tide me over while I continue my search. Looks like you got some great little treasures at the sale! Glad you liked your prize. You're so sweet to say all that nice stuff about me! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, how fun! I so wish we had a stamp store here! We do have a scrapbook store with lots of great stuff, just no stamps. I love it when you share your shopping sprees! It brings out the dreamer and drooler in me!

Adelina said...

WOW! That's some great shopping you did for yourself. I can't wait to see what you create with all your new toys.

Tami McBeain said...

Wow, great shopping trip! I just got those birds too! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

Melissa said...

I found your blog through Beate's blog. I will be sure to stop back! You got some great stuff! I can't believe you have all that stuff at your local store! Lucky!!!