It's Not All Black and White

Friday, May 11, 2007

Yeah! A Color Match!

Would you believe how perfectly these papers and ribbon match? I was rather euphoric upon this discovery. This ribbon is the only thing I've bought so far from Martha Stewart's new paper crafting line at Michaels. It was also probably the cheapest thing in her line, which explains why it was kind of disappointing to work with. It's called piped nylon, and it's kind of stiff and wants to curl and twist. I still think it was worth it though, because it is just so pretty. I bought it even knowing that the gorgeous color wouldn't match any of my Stampin' Up! paper. I did find this EK Success designer paper in my stash though. Turns out it matches the ribbon perfectly. What you see is two sides of the same sheet of paper. The only other thing I did to the card is one (sort of) stamp and colored with Cool Caribbean using my aquapainter. I say sort of one stamp, because I mixed the sentiment from one stamp with the images from another stamp, both from SU! Take Three.

Supplies:

Stamps: SU! Take Three

Ink: Timber Brown Stazon, cool caribbean

Paper: Very vanilla, choc chip, EK Success Mint Espresso Dotty Flowers/Mini Dots

Other: Martha Stewart piped nylon ribbon, mini glue dots

Thanks for stopping by on Friendship Friday. I know I say it every week, but thanks to all my friends. You are so appreciated!

If you haven't signed up for blog candy yet, it is in this post. I don't know how to make it stay at the top of my blog.

13 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

What a pretty card!! I love that ribbon, but thanks for the heads up on quality!

Rose Ann said...

This is so pretty! I love the brown with the caribbean. Love papers and the ribbon. Beautiful!

I also love, love, love, your previous creation. It's so perfectly colored and looks perfect with that paper. (I didn't comment there, because I didn't want to take away chances for the others to win your blog candy.) :)

Joan said...

Nice job. Love the colors and the layout.

Melissa said...

Beautiful!!

Amy said...

beautiful! These really are the hot new colors of the season. If they weren't so different from anything I have in my house now, I'd incorporate them into my decor. But alas....aqua and brown do not mix corals. Bummah.

Amy

Jill said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors!

Anonymous said...

Oh....another gorgeous card. I love the richness of the colors! Beautiful!

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

Gorgeous card! I was just out to Michael's and was eyeing all the new MS line.
~Angie

Charlene Austin said...

LOVE your card. I almost bought that ribbon yesterday....guess I am going back to Michaels tomorrow!! TFS.

Anonymous said...

WOW! This card is just gorgeous! I just found your blog tonight, and it is quite the visual treat. TFS!

Anonymous said...

Great card! I love the colors and the layout!

Meli Palmer said...

Gorgeous card! Those are some of my favorite colors to use. Great job!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful, I have that same paper AND ribbon... I feel a CASE coming on...