It's Not All Black and White

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Yummy!


I've been wanting this stamp for quite a while, and it finally came in my Eclectic Paperie order yesterday. Isn't it yummy?

I've been having a hard time sitting down to stamp with the weather being so beautiful. It's another hot, sunny day here in Pittsburgh. It's not often that Pittsburghers get to say, "It's another hot, sunny day." Even if it's warm, it's most often cloudy or even rainy, definitely humid. But we've been having phenomenal weather for a while now. So, that's why I haven't been posting so much...I've been enjoying the weather. I think today I'll head over to grandma's (Josh's grandma, actually) to work on her huge flower box. I do it for her every year, and I'm behind schedule this year.

This card came together very quickly. It is pretty simple, after all. The card is 4-1/4 inches square. The designer paper is Stampin' Up's retired Sassy. The Tiers of Treats stamp by Stampendous is done in black StazOn on Papertrey Ink's white card stock (same as card base) and colored with markers. Real red, green galore, barely banana, pretty in pink, pink passion, only orange and bashful blue highlights on the platters. Then the platters were colored in completely with a Glitter Gems Blue Zircon glitter marker by American Crafts. I got it at JoAnn's online. The strawberries and cherries also got a coat of clear glaze pen by Sakura. I can't tell you how much I love these little sentiments by Papertrey Ink, in their Faux Ribbon set. Don't they look so darned perfect in the circle punch, finished off with those swirly stamps? LOVE IT! I added a Making Memories rhinestone brad to the sentiment and SU! red grosgrain ribbon. Simple, but I think cute.

Gotta run now! There's beautiful weather to be enjoyed. I'm sure you're all extra busy with the summer too, so I especially appreciate you stopping by. THANKS!

13 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Love the color palette here!

Peggy Maier said...

Gorgeous colors.... and cute stamp!

Rose Ann said...

What a yummy card! I love how you've colored this, and the paper you've chosen!

Sew Club said...

This is adorable! Love that image!

blah said...

Cute card! I love this image and really want this stamp but I'm trying to exercise restraint and this is not helping!!!!!!

Joy said...

That is definitely YUMMY for sure! Love it! :)

Daniela Dobson said...

Yes, it is YUMMY!! Love the stamp and the bright colors. Awesome work.

Melissa said...

I just got this stamp in the mail this week too!!! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this card - makes me want to buy that stamp for sure.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your colors and the paper look fantastic! Love this cute stamp and all the special touches you added. These 4 1/4" square cards are fun to work with!

Joan said...

This is fabulous. Love those colors! The way you colored in the image is fabulous.

Soguesswhat11 said...

wow, that's really pretty! I have some of that paper left, and it always has been fun to use - those colors are FUN! It works great with this card - nice work!

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

I love that stamp! And your card is fabulous! So yummy looking!
Angie